Wednesday, November 13, 2013

WHO'S THIS LADY, THIS ANNOYING LADY?

I know that lady. She's seen on television a lot lately. Maybe you've seen her too. Check the picture below and take a guess! She's grown more beautiful with time, but probably would never admit to ever having any work done.

She was a pop recording artist in the 70's and came from a family of entertainers . Her father was a pop recording artist; circa Ricky Nelson, Don and Phil Everly, etc. Here's a full blown view of her.




Could this be Lady Liberty with a face lift who lost her torch? Hmmmmm. Or the Karate Kid? No, it's not Cher with a wig either,  nor Princess Lea from Star Wars. Actually, this doll was marketed in 1978 by Mattel using this musical icons real name. She had the number one pop record of the 70's according to Billboard and it is still being played today just to annoy me.




B
 
E
 
 
 
 
P
 
A
 
T
 
I
 
E
 
N
 
T
 
 
 
 
N
 
O
 
W
 


 
P
 
E
 
O
 
P
 
L
 
E
 
 
 
!
But, she will always be a one hit wonder.  Therefore, the music critic in me rates her big song in our ONE and DONE category way down at the bottom along with David Souls  "Don't Give Up on Us", Eddie Floyds "Knock on Wood", and Climax "Precious and Few". These other "artists" had a  sense of their future in the music industry when they came up with their song titles.

But noooooo, not Debbie Boone! She just won't go away.

See, Debbie has longevity, 'cause her one and only famous song, recently renamed by Scallions as "You Lift Up My Lifestyle" keeps playing over and over and over on this 60 second plastic surgery infomercial on the national news every day, every night! I'm sure that even Dick Clark and American Bandstands long departed, where ever they're rocking on, are praying that she'll come out with something new. Just not a hip-hop version of the same song though!!!


It would be therapeutic for me if my readers would just view a few seconds of  what now gives me nightmares. If you'd share my pain by doing this, maybe I could sleep at night.  Please help me!!!! Please look at this Youtube below: