Monday, October 12, 2015

HARRY'S STORY -- ??????

SCALLIONS ALL MALE STAFF IS CONSTANTLY ASKED FOR ADVICE ON HOW TO HANDLE TRAUMATIC REAL LIFE PROBLEMS. MOST REQUESTS COME FROM FEMALES WHICH  WE PROMPTLY REFER TO 'ASK DR. LOVE', 'MISS MANNERS, ETC. 

THERE ARE TIMES, HOWEVER, WHEN A MAN WITH AN IDENTITY CRISIS COMES TO US NEEDING  MANO-MANO PROPPING UP.  THIS IS "HARRY'S STORY.:"

Harry claims to be 70ish, but looks like he colored his hair to match the bear in his selfie. I was surprised to find out he's a distant relative of mine according to my 2015 Scopes family tree update. Harry wrote Scallions in late September from a remote wilderness retreat asking how he would approach the Little Mrs. on growing a beard when he came home. 


I felt compassion for this lost soul. I mean here's Harry  almost making love to a smelly grizzly worried about getting the OK to have a beard at home. Jeez! Got me thinking -- does he swing both ways - metro sexual at home, macho man in the woods?? 

Half of me wanted to just tell him to man up, grow the damn beard, and run his man cave like real men do.

At his last physical, did his doctor ask. "are you safe at home?"  Did he break into tears telling the doc feared for his well being if he tried growing a beard at home?

Still, I felt a bond with Harry. Scared of what might happen if I let my whiskers grow out at home. Would I be afraid at home? There was no turning back. I was going to become Harry's surrogate, a harried Harry in my man cave.  


TO BE CONTINUED - "SELLING THE SPOUSE ON THE  SCRUFFY LOOK"